Continuing Our Chocolate Story!
Recipe: Banana Turon A La Mode with Chocolate Dipping Sauce
For a quick video tutorial, watch here on youtube!
- 6 Saba bananas
- 1 can of jackfruit in strips
- 1 cup of granulated cane sugar or brown sugar if preferred
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 bag pastry / lumpia wrapper
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
- 4 ounces heavy cream or dairy alternative such as oat or almond milk
- pint of your favorite ice cream
- Defrost pastry wrappers and separate the sheets.
- Peel all saba bananas and cut lengthwise into 4 flat strips
- Cover one banana strip in sugar
- Place banana strip onto pastry wrapper
- Top with 4-5 strips of jackfruit
- Wrap pastry wrapper - sides in first, wrap up from the bottom and roll up.
- With a simple sugar wash, brush the top of the wrapper with simple syrup and seal the turon.
- Heat up vegetable oil in skillet or deep fry.
- Fry until golden brown, stir and rotate as needed.
- Plate onto a banana leaf for garnish and fragrance
- Create a chocolate dipping sauce combining dark chocolate and cream. Warm cream up in microwave or stove top to 130 degrees F. Mix with dark chocolate and whisk. Pour into dipping vessel.
- Add a scoop of your favorite ice cream.